GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR OVERNIGHT YACHT CHARTER & BARE BOAT CHARTERS
Kreol Boats acts as an agent between you (the client), and the Owner of the yacht / boat. This means that your contract is always entered into directly with the Owner and not with Kreol Boats. This is a similar relationship that you may have with a travel agent, who acts as an agent for an airline or hotel. We are entitled to issue charter contracts for all our Owners and also to receive payments on their behalf. All specifications and other information given by us are provided in good faith and with the authority of the Owner or their duly authorised representative. On the charter of a yacht the specifications and pictures provided by us are supplied in good faith and with the knowledge of the Owner or the Owner’s duly authorised representative.
We do not accept responsibility for any loss or damages caused to you as a result of the negligence or default of ourselves or any persons directly employed by us. The provision of this charter involves independent parties who are neither employed by us or under our direct control such as airlines, yacht owners, travel operators and handling agents. Moreover, the charter may unfortunately be disrupted by ‘force majeure” events such as fire, floods, storms or political unrest.
The agreement is entered into on the mutual understanding that we will not be responsible for loss or damage including inconvenience or disruptions caused by the acts or defaults of independent parties, or by ‘force majeure” events including the following:
- Travel – we accept no responsibility for and shall not be liable for any reasons of delay or cancellation of any flights, trains or ferries or any loss, damage or inconvenience, frustration, annoyance and disappointment, distress consequent thereon whether caused by the fault of a carrier concerned or by reasons beyond their control including strikes or other industrial action by any staff or personnel rationing or unavailability of fuel or other necessary supplies.
- Charter yachts – in the very rare event that you are not provided on arrival at your destination with the yacht that you have reserved, you will, wherever possible, be given an alternative. Should this be significantly inferior to that originally reserved, we will take reasonable steps to secure a refund of an appropriate part of the charter price. In no circumstances will Boatbookings be liable to repay you any monies nor shall they be under any liability to you in the event that they are unable to secure any payments on your behalf from the yacht owner or fleet manager.
The charter contract is concluded between the client who charter the vessel (“Client”), Mediator who represents the Client (‘’KREOL BOATS’’) and the owner of the yacht, represented by KREOL BOATS.
THE BOOKING PROCESS
When you notify your broker (Kreol Boats) that you would like to charter a yacht or any boat for that matter, you will be asked to sign the Charter Agreement (either on paper or on our secure online site) and make the requested payment (normally 30% of the total charter fee) to Kreol Boats. The balance of the price is normally payable 30 days before embarkation, and the person signing the Charter Agreement guarantees payment on behalf of all those for whom the booking has been made. If the total payment is not received by then, we shall be entitled to cancel the charter. Should you book less than 30 days before departure then the full price (100%). of the charter is payable upon booking.
CHANGES TO YOUR BOOKING
Kreol Boats will always try to arrange alterations, such as extensions or date changes, that you may request after the Charter Agreement is formed but may have to charge an administration fee. If no alternative can be arranged the original Agreement is legally binding and will stand.
From Client’s side, the booking intention is confirmed when advance payment is paid by Client. From the Company’s side the booking will be confirmed when full amount of advance payment lands on its account and Booking confirmation is issued from Kreol Boats to Client.
After the yacht charter reservation has been agreed, which will be effective in writing only, the payment is to be done according to the following calculation:
- 30% for advance payment at the time of yacht reservation
- 70% of balance not later than 1 month / 30 days prior to yacht charter
All payments have to be done according to payment instructions listed in the Pro-forma Invoice which will be provided by Kreol Boats to the client . The Vessel can be taken over only after the complete amount for yacht charter and all contracted extra services has been fully settled. If either advance payment or balance payment has not been fully settled until above stated deadlines, the Company shall be entitled to cancel the Charter booked by client, cancellation charges will be applied depending on the timing of the cancellation ahead of charter date and time. For further information on cancellation charges please click here.
CREDIT CARD TERMS
While we normally ask you to pay via bank transfer or deposit directly to our branch account, at times we accept Visa, MasterCard and other debit/credit cards on request. Customers choosing to use credit cards may be subject to a credit card handling fee of approximately 3.9%, Visa & Mastercard and 4.9% PayPal depending on the card type and currency. You accept financial responsibility for all transactions made under your name or account.
THE PRICE OF A CHARTER
The price for yacht charter shall include the following: the Vessel equipped according to the presently effective inventory-list, as well as usual charter base services at the time of Vessel’s delivery (check in/check out). Yacht charter price shall not include additional services such as food and beverages, fuel, costs for marina’s services and moorings, harbor dues, taxes, entrance tickets to parks, or any other additional services other than those explicitly stated as included in Vessel’s equipment list. If the yacht charter starts and/or ends in an Alternative base (any base other than marina (where the yacht. Departs from, the Client acknowledges that any berthing fees of the Alternative base (marina) are not included in the Yacht charter price, and that the Client will need to settle the corresponding berthing fees in the Alternative base, in addition to a one-way fee or base change fee as per valid Price List of the Kreol Boats. In Seychelles all boats use similar routes, and the most frequent charges will entail Moorings Fees which can calculate anything from SCR300 to SCR500 per usage and the entering of Marine Parks. Fees to marine parks as below:
Cousin Island: €35 per person
Aride Island: €45 per person
Curieuse Island: €15 per person
St. Pierre Island: €15 per person
Coco Island: €15 per person
Sister Island: €35 per person
St. Anne Marine Park: €15 per person
Port Launay & Cap Ternay: €15 per person
OTHER CHARTER FEES
We attempt to list the costs as completely as possible on the site and in our proposals to you. However, some costs may change depending on your itinerary and desires. Here is a general guideline for estimating costs of a charter:
- Sailing Boats: The charter fee generally covers the boat, charts/maps, and a dingy/tender. There is often a charge for linens (if you want to use theirs), and almost always a mandatory final cleaning fee, ranging from €50 to €150 depending on the size of the boat. In some cases you may also be charged a small amount if you want a motor for the dinghy (if you’re not sure, ask us and we’ll confirm). Beyond this, the major costs are provisioning, fuel and mooring fees.
- Motor Boats: For small motor boats, the major additional cost beyond the base charter fee will be fuel – fuel is rarely included in the charter price, unless specifically stated. We try to list on the site the fuel consumption per hour for each boat – although this can only be a guideline because wind, waves, speed, etc all affect fuel consumption.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES – EXTRAS
Additional services and extra equipment for which an extra payment shall be done (hereinafter: Extras) in accordance with the effective Price List (e.g. auxiliary engine, one-way options, transfers, gennaker, skipper, etc.) should be requested by Client and agreed prior to booking confirmation. Client may ask for addition of certain Extras even after the booking confirmation, and the Company will undertake reasonable effort to provide the newly requested extras to the satisfaction of Client, and will inform the Client if it is possible to upgrade the booking with requested new Extras or not. Client acknowledges that Kreol Boats is not obliged to provide newly requested Extras at that point in time. At the latest, all Extras must be confirmed by both sides in writing not later than 5 days prior to the beginning of the charter date.
Optional Extras to choose from: (PDF Files available to download online)
- Pre-Shopping of all Food & Beverage & Amenities. Lists will be provided to the client to choose from with price lists and Kreol Boats will make sure that all items (depending on availability & freshness) will be ready on the boat before departure. Why is this helpful, more time on the boat as all shops do not stock nor hold all of the items which will save the client a lot of time ☺
- Fishing Equipment – Kreol Boats will have some basic fishing equipment available and these options will be shared, all items will depend on availability.
- Kayaks – Kayaks can be made available at an additional costs per day per kayak
- Snorkeling Equipment
- Sun care – Poeple4Ocean Sun cream
- Ground Handling from Airport – Transfers
- Cancellation Waiver – Side steps all cancellation fees and you can receive a full refund in case of any cancellations. This waiver is a once off 10% once fee of the full charter total whereby the client will receive a refund for all balances prepaid instead of baring the risks of loosing 50% deposits. Please see Cancellation terms below.
- Reduced Deposit Structure in the event of damages, loss and negligence. For every boat charter with or without skipper the client has to provide a deposit to the equivalent amount of the chosen vessel prescribed in the contract. This deposit /liability can be reduced to eliminate further costs on the client, nobody knows what can happen and guests prefer sometimes to be extra insured. Read more in the security deposit section below.
CREW LISTS AND ARRIVAL DETAILS
The Client must send a correctly filled Crew list, not later than 5 days prior to the first day of charter. The Client agrees that s/he is the main contracting party of the Company, and that Client is responsible for the other guests on board. Additionally, it is recommended to send an estimated time of arrival at least 5 days prior to the first day of charter, in order for the base staff to organize check-in procedure in as smooth way as possible. If Client has booked the transfer (e.g. from airport), then sending detailed arrival and departure information at least 5 days in advance is obligatory. Client is responsible for the accuracy of delivered crew list information, as well as for validity of all passports, visas, licenses and other identification documents. In particular, Client acknowledges that the sailing license is a very important document on- board and is legally responsible for its accuracy and trustworthiness.
CANCELLATION BY CLIENT
Should the charter of the booked Vessel be cancelled by Client, whatever the reasons may be, the Client shall be liable to inform Kreol Boats per email about the cancellation without delay. Client shall be charged for the cancellation in the amount of:
1.1 up to 30% of the full accommodation rate if the cancellation has been done up to 45 calendar days prior to the starting date of accommodation
1.1.1 with Cancellation waiver the dates have been decreased to 20 days prior charter and after 20 days the cancellation fee will still remain 30% of the full charter price
1.2 up to 100% of the full accommodation rate if the cancellation has been done less than 30 calendar days prior to the starting date of accommodation
1.2.1 with Cancellation waiver the dates have been decreased to 15 days, after 15 days the cancellation fee will be 50% of full charter price
1.3 up to 0% of the full accommodation rate if the Company or Client has managed to find another client for the cancelled period.
1.3.1 90% refund with Cancellation waiver
2. We will also charge a cancellation admin fee of €50
The date of the receipt of the cancellation notice in writing shall be the basis for the settlement of the stated cancellation charges. Exceptionally, should a cancellation of the yacht charter booking be done owing to the Act of God, i.e. objective serious reasons stated and proven by Client (death in the near family, serious sudden health condition, a serious accident, etc.), the Company may allow the Client to use the already paid amount as a pre-payment for the next booking within one year period.
In this category of cancellations are also the situations when the Client does not come for the check-in (non-show-up case), or when the Client leaves the Vessel prior to the contracted check-out time (early- abandon case) – in all such cases the 100% cancellation fee applies and Client does not have a right for any refund.
CANCELLATION BY KREOL BOATS OR VESSEL’S OWNERS
Should the booking be cancelled by Kreol Boats or the Vessel’s Owner, then Kreol Boats will offer to Client:
a) reservation of another vessel, from own fleet or from another fleet, of similar size and with similar features, if possible. If the new vessel is cheaper than the original Company will also refund the price difference as per valid price lists of both Vessels, applying the same discounts which were approved to Client for the original booking. Generally, in case of switching to another vessel, these Terms apply to the new vessel accordingly.
b) full refund of all amounts that Kreol Boats has received from Client for the Vessel. Client acknowledges that in case when severe damages of the Vessel have occurred during the previous charters, or due to events such as acts of God, Kreol Boats is objectively not guilty for this, and thus Client shall aim to be cooperative towards finding appropriate alternative solutions under the given circumstances.
The waiver is designed for clients to cover themselves and lower the risks of cancellation fees. The cancellation waiver extends the time of a cancellation cutoff date and the client can save money and actually receive funds back once they have chosen the cancellation waiver option. Fees are. Well explained above in points 1.1.1; 1.1.2 and 1.1.3
Before taking over the Vessel, the Client must provide a security deposit (hereinafter: Deposit) in amount according to valid Price List of Company. The Deposit may be given either in cash or with one of the credit cards accepted by Company. After the completion of yacht charter the whole Deposit shall be repaid to the Client, unless some Vessel damages or loss of equipment have occurred, or unless the Client or its crew have not acted in accordance with these terms. However, if the damages or breach of these Terms have occurred, then Deposit will be retained partly or fully, depending on size of the Damage or breach:
- In case of a larger damage or breach, Deposit shall be kept in full and Client has no right for refund.
- In case of a smaller damage or breach, Company will keep the amount needed for the repairs and purchase of damaged or lost equipment, covering of intervention costs, plus 100 EUR of handling costs, while the rest of the Deposit shall be refunded to Client.
- In case if the Vessel will not be capable to go to next charter due to the incurred damages, always the full Deposit shall be taken, due to the fact that Company shall have expenses related to remunerating the next client.
Paying deposit is obligatory also in cases when Client hires a professional skipper from Company. In such a case the Deposit cannot be used for covering the costs which emerged due to skipper’s negligence, bad operation of the Vessel or its equipment.
In case if the damage has happened due to gross negligence of the Client, or behaviors such as sailing under influence of alcohol or illegal drugs, sailing single-handed or sailing at forbidden times or outside of approved areas, or participating in regattas without written approval of Company, or similar serious breaches of these Terms, the Client shall be liable even beyond the amount of the Deposit, including expenses connected to repairs and remunerations for lost charter income in the next weeks. In such cases the Client is liable to cover those expenses without delay, and latest within 30 days from the end of the charter period.
In case of lost equipment such as dinghy, outboard engine or similar, the Client is liable to Company for the full price of the lost items. These must be paid to Company within 7 days from the end of the charter period. When chartering a bareboat yacht, you are liable for any damage to the yacht, its equipment or third party damage. Assessment of the damage will be made and deducted from the security deposit paid at the beginning of the charter. We will take reasonable steps on your behalf to arrange for the balance of the deposit to be returned to you as soon as possible after the charter and usually within 28 days. However, should damage be caused as a result of willful negligence by a client or as a result of not obeying the instructions of ourselves or the yacht owner, then you will be liable for the full amount or replacement. Adults will at all times be responsible for the actions of minors in their charge.
Lower the Security deposit
Clients have the opportunity to purchase extra cover especially in instances where the can reduce their risk of having any funds being deducted from the deposit except for no refueling & fresh water. You can lower the security deposit by 50% for either damage of property etc. for a once off fee of €350.
RISK OF YACHT USE AND INSURANCE
Client fully accepts all risks connected with the Yacht charter, and all possible damages which can arise to the Client and/or crew members due to Yacht use. In particular, Client accepts the sole responsibility for the Yacht use, and waives each and every responsibility of Kreol Boats and the vessel, including in situations such as possible accidents and injuries of the Client and/or crew members, regardless of the reason of their occurrence, as well as any possible damages on the Client’s and/or crew members’ personal belongings, as well as the situations when the belongings are missing or lost, either during the Yacht charter or after the Yacht check-out.
All vessels have been hull insured and have the appropriate insurance policies against damage towards persons and against damage towards third parties. The sails are not covered by insurance policy and the Client bears the costs of any kind of sails damage. The insurance does not cover damages of Client’s personal property and property brought to the Vessel, nor any deliberately caused damage, nor any damage caused by Clients’ lack of diligence. It is strongly recommended that, upon booking, Client and all crew members should contract adequate travel and health insurance packages for their travel arrangement.
In order to charter a bareboat yacht, most countries require a licence permit, certificate of competence or a letter from a recognised Yacht Club certifying the competence of at least the Skipper and sometimes one other member of the crew. Your broker will let you know the specific requirements in your charter area. The Yacht Owner reserves the right to place a skipper on the Charter Yacht, at the cost of the client, if they deem your qualifications to be insufficient and that there is a risk of damage to the yacht or endangerment of the passengers.
TAKING OVER THE VESSEL / CHECK-IN
The Client is obliged, on the occasion of taking over the Vessel, to give to the representative of Company a verified voucher with all Client’s data and charter appointment, with an insight into the original document of the skipper’s license. Also, identification documents (e.g. passports) of all guests on board must be provided for the purpose of re-checking the crew list. On the occasion of taking over the vessel the Client shall examine the inventory list with the representative of Vessels Owners and / or Kreol Boats representative, confirming the condition of the delivered Vessel with his signature.
The same procedure shall be done with instruments aboard. Any possible Client’s subsequent complaints would not be accepted if the Client confirmed that the Vessel was in order and that the Vessel’s equipment was complete and in order as well. Possible concealed faults and absence of the equipment that Company was unaware of during the take-over of the Vessel do not entitle Client to require the charter price deduction. Should any of the Vessel’s parts be damaged or lost during the previous charters, and if it is impossible to obtain the new Vessel parts prior to the date of the new charter, provided their loss will not seriously affect the security of navigation, it will not be possible for the Client to give up the charter or to demand a reduction of the charter price. Client acknowledges that such situations are not under influence of Kreol Boats, but are consequence of damages made by a previous client. The Vessel is to be delivered with full fuel and water tank, and it has to be returned to the charter base in the same state with a full fuel and water tank. Due to the fact that Vessels are expensive property and a certain level of skill is needed to operate them, Kreol Boats / Vessels owner may require from Client (or their skipper) to demonstrate their navigation skills in presence of a representative of Kreol Boats / Vessels Owner. The costs for the stated demonstration (if any) shall be paid by Client and the time spent for testing shall be included in the charter period of the Vessel. Should it be considered that the Client (skipper) is not skilled enough, Company shall hire an official skipper and the required costs for such a service shall be paid by Client according to the current Price List. If the Client refuses the assigned skipper, s/he will be forbidden for sail out, the contract shall be immediately terminated and the paid amount shall be kept without any rights of reimbursement.
TAKING BACK THE VESSEL / CHECK-OUT
On the occasion of returning the vessel and rechecking the vessel according to the inventory list, the fuel tank shall be examined too. If the fuel tank is not full, the Client must pay for the fuel (calculated according to the maximum motor consumption for specific motor hours) plus 50 EUR service fee. Also, Client shall pay for damages on a Vessel as described in these Terms, if any damages are found during the Vessel’s examination, as described in the “Safety Deposit” section. Otherwise, if the Vessel is returned in a good state and a full fuel and water tank, the whole Deposit shall be returned to the Client. Should the Client take back the Vessel to a port that is not stated in the contract as the destination port, the Client must pay all costs included in the Vessel’s transport to the destination port, including all remuneration costs for the next client of the Vessel, plus a penalty fee of 300 EUR.
Similarly, if Client is overdue, s/he will be fined – every delay longer than 3 hours shall be fined with double daily charter price, plus all the costs emerged due to the impossibility of the Vessel’s delivery to next client.
Running behind schedule owing to weather conditions is not justified because it is necessary to keep the vessel at an appropriate distance from the charter base during the last 48 hours before the charter ends. If the Client wishes to prolong the period of charter, whatever the reason may be, s/he should immediately inform Kreol. Boats about his/her intentions. Company shall in return inform the Client whether the desired prolongation is possible or not, and, if the prolongation is possible and confirmed, and the Client has paid for it, will organize for all the necessary paperwork for additional days.
The sailing area of the Vessel is within the territorial waters of the Republic of Seychelles
DAMAGES DURING YACHT CHARTER
Should any damage emerge during the yacht charter and be repaired within 24 hours from Client’s notification to Company, the Client has no right to request any reimbursement. However, if the repairing of the damage has taken more than 24 hours, and the damage was so severe that Client could not use the Vessel meanwhile, then Client can request reimbursement at pro-rata basis for this period. Reimbursement can be obtained only if the damage was a responsibility of Vessels Owner / Kreol Boats, such as improper maintenance level below industry standards. If the damage could not be repaired at the spot and immediate return to the charter base was required, the repair should be organized primarily so that the Vessel can be repaired in time for the next clients. Costs for the lost days shall be refunded only if the damage was caused by Vessels Owner / Kreol Boats. Otherwise, Client cannot expect any reimbursement of the stated costs and shall be liable to cover additional costs for finding a new vessel. If severe damages, engine troubles, loss of Vessel, personal injuries and similar incidents would happen, the Client is liable to inform Company about it without delay, and to obtain official minutes and certification on the emerged incident by other parties (e.g. port authority, physician, authorized expert, etc.). Damages which were not reported and have no recorded minutes shall be considered to have emerged owing to the Client’s negligence, and in such a case they have to be paid by the Client.
LIABILITIES OF THE COMPANY
Vessels Owner/ Kreol Boats shall deliver the Vessel in good working condition, clean and with completely filled fuel and water tanks. The Vessels Owner / Kreol. Boats shall arrange and conduct check-in and check-out services at the base according to usual industry standards and procedures. In case of any special or additional requests of the Client (e.g. earlier check-in, longer explanations during check-in, special needs… etc.) Kreol Boats shall try to resolve them to the satisfaction of the Client, but Client acknowledges that this is not a liability of Kreol Boats, and cannot ask for remuneration if such special requests were not fulfilled or were fulfilled only partially unless if the services directly derives from Kreol Boats under the optional Extra section provided / offered by Kreol Boats only. If it would not be possible to deliver the Vessel at the latest within 4 hours from the contracted check-in time, the Client is entitled to require repayment for being overdue calculated at pro-rata basis (proportional to the contracted charter duration and charter fees received). If a delay longer than 24 hours occurs, the Client can request another vessel from Kreol Boats with similar size and features. If an adequate substitute vessel cannot be found, the Client can request the refund amount proportional to the number of days in which he did not have the Vessel at his disposal. Responsibility of Kreol Boats to pay an amount higher than the amount it received for that booking is excluded. Kreol Boats is not responsible for delays caused by Force Majeure (e.g. earthquakes, floods, thunders, fire, other natural calamities, wars, civil wars, terrorism, strikes, etc.) or by severe weather conditions.
LIABILITIES OF THE CLIENT
Other than what was already stated in these terms, the Client shall also be liable:
- to be nautically and navigationally skilled for the Vessel charter, otherwise he shall be liable to accept a skipper according to the effective Price List of Kreol Boats,
- to have all required licenses for operating the Vessel in case of bareboat charter,
- not to leave the Vessel to any third party
- not to transport persons or goods for commercial purposes, or engage in any other commercial use of Vessel
- to have aboard exact number of persons, and exact persons, as stated on the crew list,
- to keep the crew list with the certificate of residence registration together with ship documentation for the whole duration of charter,
- to promptly inform Kreol Boats about any possible changes in crew members or passengers
- to fully respect legal regulations of the host country,
- not to participate in competitions and regattas without consent granted by Kreol Boats & Vessels Owner
- to hold on to obligatory control intervals for the duration of cruising,
- in case of towing, to conclude an award for rescuing prior to the acceptance of help,
- to undertake all safety precautions in order to keep the Vessel in good condition and avoid any damages or towing of the Vessel,
- not to leave the port if the foreseen wind force were estimated stronger than 25 knots, or if the port authorities issued a prohibition on leaving port
- to avoid unnecessary burdening of masts, sails and ropes, i.e. to sail respecting the weather conditions
- to plan the navigation route very carefully, so that two days before arrival the vessel is at approximately 40 NM distant from the check-out charter base,
- not to sail at night
- not to sail single-handed
- to inform the charter Kreol Boats / Vessels Owner about the Vessel’s exact location in case of severe weather conditions (gale-force wind), in order to avoid unnecessary and expensive search for the Vessel,
- not to operate the Vessel under influence of alcohol or any illegal drugs, and generally not to use or have any illegal drugs on board,
- not to make excessive noise in marinas, harbors and other mooring locations,
– to respect privacy and night-rest rights of occupants of the neighboring vessels and houses,
– not to engage with fishing or any other submarine activities without a valid license for such activities, – not to embark pets (dogs, cats, birds, etc.) aboard the vessel
The Client warrants joint responsibility for all crew members i.e. guests on-board. All consequences arising from the Client’s or his crew or guests on board not respecting the above liabilities are the joint and several responsibilities of the Client and crew/guests on-board. In case of breach of the clauses above or other obligations of the Client and its crew/guests based on these Terms, the Company is entitled to remunerate from the Deposit in amount between 100 EUR and the full Deposit, depending of the seriousness of the breach, and to claim indemnity for full incurred damage.
Complaints shall be accepted in writing on the date of taking over the Vessel (check-in) only. They must be signed by the Client and the representative of Kreol Boats / Vessels Owner. The complaints shall be resolved in the following manner:
- In case of a cleanliness complaint, Kreol Boats / Vessels Owner will inspect the issue, and if the complaint is justified, organize additional cleaning activities to correct the issue. In case of such type of complaints there will be no financial refund.
- In case of smaller reported shortcomings or damages, which do not seriously affect security of navigation, Kreol Services / Vessels Owner will inspect the issue, and if the complaint is justified, organize all reasonable activities to correct the issue. The Client acknowledges that, despite best efforts of the team, it may happen sometimes that it will not be possible to correct the issue in a given time frame due to objective reasons. Generally, in case of such smaller issues there will be no financial refund.
REPEAT CHARTER DISCOUNTS
If you’ve chartered a bareboat sailing yacht or catamaran before through Boat bookings, we want to reward you for your loyalty! As part of our loyalty program, when you charter with the same company a 5% repeat charter discount is negotiated on your behalf. The 5% discount is on the net charter value (not including any mandatory fees, starter packs, cleaning, etc.) of your next charter. To benefit from the Repeat Charter Discount, the following conditions apply: you charter with the same owner as the previous charter, the charter must take place within 12 months of your previous charter end date and it must be of a minimum of 7 day charter duration. The deposit must be paid upon signing of the charter agreement.